Accuracy and Access to Personal Information
TIAWA will never sell or rent any personal information you submit to us—your name, your address, your email address, or your purchase history—to any other person or company.
TIAWA is committed to ensuring the protection and safety of any and all personal/billing information you enter on our website. During your visit to our site, we may collect, record, and process information we obtain from the following sources:
- information you provide us by filling in forms (including order forms) on TIAWA website,
- correspondence that you send to us,
- details on the transaction and fulfillment of your orders with us, and
- details of your visits to TIAWA website, as well as any resources you access while shopping online with us.
If you feel uncomfortable buying through our site, we'd be delighted to take your orders via:
Phone: 1300 60 62 67
Office hours: Monday - Friday 7 a.m. to 6 pm
Mail: TIAWA 176 Wellington Street, East Perth Perth Western Australia 6004
When you order from TIAWA online, we protect your information by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol; our website is secured by Comodo, a leading provider of SSL encryption keys. SSL encryption electronically masks any information you send us. With this state-of-the-art system, you can enter your credit card number and delivery and billing information safely; the encryption process protects the information by scrambling it before it is sent to us.
You can verify our compliance at any time by clicking on the Comodo logo located on our Shopping Cart page or any page in the checkout process.
Please be advised that, while we take great care to protect your personal information, sending information over the web is not 100% secure. Since we cannot guarantee the security of information you enter on our site, any time you enter personal information on our site, you do so at your own risk. Rest assured, however, that once we get your information, we’ll use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access to it.
When you’ve been given or have chosen a password granting you access to certain parts of our site, you are solely responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone.
Accessing Your Information
If you are a registered user of our website, you can correct or update your personal information on the My Account page of our website.
If you are not a registered user of our website, Contact Us., and we can correct or update your personal information. If you have multiple addresses, we ask that you please send us the multiple address references.
Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cwlth), you have the right to access the personal/billing information we’ve collected from you. Any request for access may be subject to a fee of $10 (to meet our costs in providing you with details of about your personal/billing information).
The information that cookies provide us helps us to:
- offer you special sale opportunities,
- allow you to navigate our website more easily and faster, and
- provide you with lower prices by better understanding what interests you.
No personal information is stored in long-term cookies. And we do not sell or redistribute cookie-based information to anyone. Period.
Disclosing Information to Others
TIAWA will never sell or rent any personal information you submit to us—your name, your address, your email address, or your purchase history—to any other person or company. This excludes, however, the following:
- our subsidiaries and our ultimate holding company (as well as its subsidiaries),
- third parties in the event that we sell any part of our business (in which case we may disclose your personal information to the buyer), and
- any personal information we may have to disclose or share in order to comply with a legal obligation.
Why We Collect Information
All of the information we collect, record, and process is done to enhance and improve your experience with The Great Courses. We use your name and mailing address to send you the courses and course materials you order, our catalogues, and newsletters.
Here's what we do with your e-mail address:
- Send you order confirmations. You should receive via e-mail an order confirmation within moments of placing your order.
- Send you course starter materials. Designed to supplement your learning experience, you'll receive course starter materials for every course you purchase. These materials include the professor's summary of the course, links to recommended websites, and recommended readings.
- Collect your feedback on courses and professors. You'll receive e-mail surveys to vote for TIAWA you want us to make, to rate the quality of Great Courses you've purchased, to tell us what improvements to make to TIAWA and our services, and to tell us which professors we should choose to make the next Great Course.
Unless you have opted out of receiving marketing materials from The Great Courses, we also use your email address to:
- Send you free articles. Occasionally, you'll receive interesting and compelling articles of interest on the subjects covered by our courses.
- Notify you of special sale offers. You'll receive e-mails notifying you when courses featured in our print catalogs and newsletters go on sale. These e-mails also make ordering extremely simple—if you see courses that interest you, simply click on the links in the e-mail to find out more.
If you’d prefer not to receive these email benefits, please click on the unsubscribe link in the emails.